[Hanryu Pia] Almost Weekly! We Made Block B's "Bikipedia"! - P.O Edition


No.16: A misfortune for Jaehyo!? P.O's jinx for a successful live performance?


Starting with Taeil, we've already interviewed 6 people……. This time, the protagonist of March holds the nickname of 'Eternal Baby', Block B's youngest child P.O.

The cold is severe in Seoul during February. P.O appeared in the studio trembling a little from the cold outdoors.

First let's begin with the interview. Because it's cold, it takes a bit for the engine to start running, there's a slow feeling (lol). But in the middle of it he showed us nothing but his true abilities! Since P.O is a full throttle mischievous child......!? he gave us unique answers according to his condition and Jaehyo's name was said many times (despite restraints from the staff) which caused great laughter.

As for the shooting, while doing cute poses one after the other, P.O's distinctive low-toned laughing voice resonated in the studio. We thoroughly enjoyed the gap between his pretty baby-like smile and amazing voice while saying 'and this too!' (while changing poses). 

A coincidence named "fate"

P.O is a rapper who gives songs emphasis and depth with his distinctive deep voice. First we asked him about the story from his childhood up to the point when he aimed to become a singer.

"When I was a student I was always a rascal. All the way from elementary school until I graduated high school (lol). Of course I had an interest in music but I had no particular feeling like 'I want to become a singer!'. I also had an interest in acting and I wanted to become a soccer player too!".

What made a young boy brimming with curiosity​ like Pyo Jihoon join the singer path was a coincidence named 'fate'.

"A sunbae who lived nearby was a fellow exchange student of Zico in Japan. Around the time when Zico returned to Korea and wanted to start his music activities, that sunbae introduced me to him. We said 'nice to meet you' in a Karaoke room, I think. Because of that meeting, me and my good friend from High School Minho (now Winner) got to audition together for a company". 

By the way, seems like his low voice that is synonym to P.O it's something he worked on during his high school student days.

"Although I was often told I had a husky voice since I was a child, when I was a high school student I tried to make my voice sound deeper on purpose and I ended up with this voice".

Evaluating the force in his rap and his singing voice that remains in the hearts of people, he passes the exam with flying colors.

"Zico, Park Kyung and U-Kwon were originally close friends even at the start of our activities so up to there I did not have worry. Taeil joined after me and we immediately hit it off. What was strange was when it came to B-Bomb and Jaehyo, I felt some distance. I don't know why. But I'm the type that approach​es everyone for myself first so after spending time together we became very friendly".

An unfortunate jinx for Jaehyo

Among Block B he behaves the most like the maknae. Does he also get pushed around by hyungs who do as they please?

"It's to the point that I spend it at ease wondering if I really am the maknae?. Because everyone is very kind and warmly watches over me. Park Kyung and Jaehyo especially look after me well. Ah, Jaehyo more than looking after me, it's more like he doesn't get mad at me even if I mess around with him (lol). I mess around a lot before performing. When I play pranks on Jaehyo, the performance goes well! It's kind of a jinx!! (lol)".

Because he has that much fun with them, his goal as Block B is "to be active, all members, always together, for a long long time". Maybe because of his affection for the members... P.O became a Block B member.

No.17: What's P.O's unexpected mission? We got a tip-off from Zico too



Second part of P.O's interview approaches his personal life.

What is the surprising "mission" that P.O saw in a dream?

At the time of their debut, he'd get excited on his own behind Zico and couldn't help becoming a 'noisy entertainer', that was noisy member (!) P.O. Recently he has calmed down a bit (maybe?) but his maknae character that gets called 'eternal baby' will not change.

"I like messing around so I think I have an easy-to-understand personality. Often we meet people and we can't know what kind of person they are or what they're thinking. But no matter who looks at me they soon think 'what's with this kid'. I'm a human being that's exactly like the impression BBC have of me".

Because of his bright and lovable character he has a lot of friends. The thing he's the most scared of is 'to be alone at night'. He's a man with a 'life of friends' even if we asked him to pick an item that goes well with 'if I have this I'm happy!' he'd answer 'friends'.

"I think the fact that I have many friends is my greatest virtue. On my days off, I play with the members and have fun with my friends. I'm always saying let's do this and that, I think it's better to suggest being active".

But such P.O has friends who worry about him 'drinking too much'. When we asked him 'do you drink a lot?', he immediately answered "Yes!".

"When I want to relax I drink while eating delicious food at a Pojangmacha. The snack I eat often is Namul. Bean sprout namul and spinach namul go well with soju so it feels good".

Then, right at this point, Zico suddenly bursted into the interview and we got a tip-off.

"P.O likes TWICE recently and he came to ask me what can he do to meet them (lol)"

In 2014 he was a regular in "Fashion King Korea 2" with Zico. With every comeback he appears with an original hairstyle and becomes a hot topic, P.O is known as someone fashionable in the Korean entertainment industry.

"More than untidy, I like to dress up smartly in a clean fashion. I go shopping often on my days off, I also look for accessories".

Such P.O has been recently interested not in fashion...... but cooking!

"Originally I would search on the Internet for recipes of things I wanted to eat, go grocery shopping and try to cook it. Recently I became especially interested in making bread and pastry. I had a dream. In this dream I had a daughter, on my daughter's birthday I gave her bread and she was very happy about it. Since I had that dream I thought, in time, I must definitely learn how make it. I don't really like sweets or bread though. At any rate, it might be some sort of mission (lol)".

Deepening his liking for cooking, he has a regular appearance in cooking variety show "Order & Cook" that began on March 13th in Korea. This year you might be able to see P.O active as "Cooking Boy".

No.18: What's P.O's ideal date plan? Also BBCs are



In the last round of P.O's interview, we'll approach him as an artist.

"Let's try going right below that moon"

P.O also has activities with B-Bomb and U-Kwon under the unit BASTARZ. When performing he enjoys great success not just with his rap but also taking part in the vocals.

"The pressure is bigger during BASTARZ' activities. Wondering what should I say...... during Block B activities I have confidence 'this time too it will work out well' but when it comes to BASTARZ it's like I can't have the same confidence....... I'm anxious and feel a lot of pressure".

In BASTARZ' mini album announced last year, he participated in the lyrics of all songs and composed 3 of them including "Selfish & Beautiful Girl". 

"I think of lyrics often while I'm in motion. I write them down as soon as they come to my mind".

When asked about his ideal image as an artist he answered, "someone who is hard to understand". What's the meaning of it?

"As a person, I'm someone that's very easy to understand but as an artist I think it's better when listeners wonder what kind of person you are, what kind of music you'll make, someone they can't picture. I want to become an artist that keeps people excited and constantly wondering 'what kind of thing would he do next?'".

The title of a song P.O made recently is 'Tsuki ga Tsuitekuru Yoru' (The Night When The Moon Came Along).

"I can't talk about it in detail but...... it's a song that fits perfectly when you're going for a drive with a girl. I have an ideal date plan. We meet by the setting sun, I go pick her up in my car. Then I take her on a drive to the place that's closest to the moon. I don't know where that is but I want to go while saying 'let's try going right below that moon' (shy)".

What a romantic situation......! Come to think of it, he answered before that his 'favorite thing' was 'getting soaked in the rain' and considering his previously released song 'Charlie Chaplin' he may surprisingly (rude!) be a romantic. By the way, his ideal type of woman is 'someone gentle' so what about BBCs?

"BBCs? I like them, I like them! I love them! They're pretty and cute and bright and just too cute. They're like cherry tomatoes...... so to speak (lol)".

P.O decided to express his affection in an artistic way because BBC are too cute so he said 'I want to do something like this!', he grabbed a Bee-chan (stuffed animal) nearby and squished it with both hands. This is also one of P.O's charms (lol).

Before we knew it, P.O grew up to lead BASTARZ while we thought of him as an 'eternal baby'. His growth as musician, his carefree attitude as the youngest and his love for the members... it was an interview that showed us his many charms!

Translations by @GreeneryBomb
[Hanryu Pia] Almost Weekly! We Made Block B's "Bikipedia"! - P.O Edition [Hanryu Pia] Almost Weekly! We Made Block B's "Bikipedia"! - P.O Edition Reviewed by Unknown on May 31, 2017 Rating: 5

Featured Posts

Disclaimer: Always chill and have fun. This blog is run by BBCs wanting to spread the good vibes of Block B
Powered by Blogger.