[INTERVIEW] U-Kwon, "Block B is the Team that Brought Out a New Me"

Group Block B's member, U-Kwon is working hard to show his diverse sides this year too. Last summer he reaffirmed his role as his group's representative dancer through Mnet 'Hit the Stage' and he's currently flying around the stage of the musical 'In The Heights'.

Besides being highly active as a solo, U-Kwon will also release a special single 'Yesterday' on the 6th as part of Block B for the first time in 10 months, he plans to dedicate fully to his activities. Before this, let's find out more about U-Kwon's from A to Z and even the most trivial matters.



Q. What does your name mean?
A. My real name is Kim Yukwon. 'Yu' from 'having' and 'Kwon' from 'power, authority', meaning 'to have power/authority'. It means the same as 'voter, elector' (Yukwonja).

Q. Please tell us about your strengths.
A. I have a lot of energy and I think I know how to have fun.

Q. How do you see yourself in 10 years?
A. I hope I'm still making music even 10 years later.

Q. What charm shines the most when doing solo activities?
A. During solo activities I'm even more full with energy.

Q. What is your hobby?
A. Collecting Bearbricks.

Q. If you represented yourself as an animal, what kind of animal would you pick? and why?
A. Hedgehog, we look alike.

Q. What do you think of when you look yourself in the mirror?
A. I've gotten fat ...

Q. What is the happiest moment of your day?
A. When I come back from work and I'm welcomed home by my puppy.

Q. If you had to sum up your recent musical activities in one word what would it be? Why?
A. Streetlamp, it comes out a lot during the play but I think my role was someone the villagers relied on a lot. The role brightens the distance so much that Washington Heights would be unthinkable without Usnavi.

Q. Please confess the 2% you feel you lack off?
A. Height.....I want to grow taller ..

Q. What should we do on your day off?
A. Sleep a lot, lie down at home, I like watching movies and animation.

Q. What is your biggest worry these days?
A. Voice volume (powerful voice). It might be because I'm working in a musical but I've been thinking a lot also practicing to make my voice stronger, I wish to make my voice more powerful to be able convey emotions and better communicate things.

Q. What's the level of satisfaction with your life? Why?
A. 70%. Although I'm mostly satisfied with my life but because I'm greedy as a human being, it seems difficult to be 100% satisfied with life.

Q. Thanks to OO, my world tastes sweet. Who is OO?
A. My puppies Byul and Ddoong. Thanks to my puppies, I get a lot of happiness these days.


Q. Have you had any regrets in life?
A. I think I live while keep making regrets. Shouldn't have eaten ramyeon yesterday .. or regretting things like not studying English ... to the same regret ...

Q. What's the best choice you've made in your life?
A. Joining a team called Block B.

Q. What kind of dish do you like the best?
A. Meat!

Q. What is your habit?
A. Drinking water frequently. Even if I'm not thirsty, I drink water often.

Q. What's your drinking capacity (alcohol)?
A. 2 bottles of soju.

Q. What is your habit when drinking alcohol?
A. I keep repeating my own words.

Q. If you had your own method of managing your social networkings, what would it be?
A. I'm not very good at managing my personal connections.

Q. Do you have a nickname?
A. Kwonraemong. Because I look like Doraemon so it's a mix of my name and Doraemon's.

Q. What's your number 1 treasure? (excluding fans and members)
A. Byul and Ddoongie (the puppies he raises)

Q. What is your motto on life?
A. Love makes me strong.

Q. How do you relieve stress?
A. Climbing up a high place and seeing the open view is a way to relieve stress..

Q. A musician you would you like to work with?
A. Big Bang Taeyang sunbaenim.

Q. Within my team, I'm the first place in... 
A. Spacing out.

Q. If you had a previous life, what do you think you were?
A. A percussion instrument.

Q. As girlfriend, a person you could never go for?
A. Someone impolite.

Q. Is there anything you want to accomplish with this activity?
A. I want to hear people say that you can trust music to Block B.

Q. What is Block B to U-Kwon?
A. The team the brought out a new me

Q. What is 'life' to U-Kwon?
A. Difficult.

Q. If you had been born a woman, what kind of woman would you be?
A. A spiteful woman.


Q. Something you don't want to inherit to your children?
A. Height …

Q. Do you have a memory that gives you a 'blanket kick' that you want to erase?
A. 'Freeze!' music video.

N/T: This word refers to 'a situation when someone lies on the bed to sleep, but suddenly remembers an embarrassing moment that he or she kicks the blanket out of shame.

Q. What score would you give to your cooking? What kind of food do you make best?
A. 70 points, I have confidence in my omelets.

Q. What do you want to say in 2017?
A. I hope 2017 will be a year in which you can achieve everything you want to. I hope it becomes a year to accumulate many memories and experiences!!

Q. Do you have any last words for our readers?
A. Please give lots of love to Block B's upcoming new album 'YESTERDAY' and continue to give your love and interest for Block B. Please give Block B U-Kwon lots and lots of love too!


Naver: U-Kwon, "Block B is the Team that Brought Out a New Me" (MBN)

[+59, -0] U-Kwon-ah, good job as always

[+42, -0] Freezeã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹

[+37, -0] He's so cool on stage but he's so cute offstageã… ã……ã… 

[+34, -0] Freeze ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹Kwon-raemon suits him ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹

[+35, -1] ã… ã… ã… The interview is so cuteã…‹ã…‹ Always supporting you Kwon oppa

[+12, -0]  I was surprised since he did better than expected on 'In The Heights' (Musical). I realized his singing had improved when watching him perform on Yooheeyeol Sketchbook, looking forward to this single (Interview was done before Yesterday release)!

[+11, -0] He's so honest ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ Freeze ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ Forbidden videoã…‹ã…‹

[+11, -0] Ah Kwon-ah...ㅋㅋㄲㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ As expected from Beulnakji's interview(T/N: Block B's nickname, slang from spicy octopus)ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+11, -0] Percussionã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹ã…‹

[+9, -0] Kim Yukwon fighting~♡ you're doing well~!
[INTERVIEW] U-Kwon, "Block B is the Team that Brought Out a New Me" [INTERVIEW] U-Kwon, "Block B is the Team that Brought Out a New Me" Reviewed by mintchoco on February 13, 2017 Rating: 5

Featured Posts

Disclaimer: Always chill and have fun. This blog is run by BBCs wanting to spread the good vibes of Block B
Powered by Blogger.